The counselling in the workplace can be effective in many situations such as stress, depression, anxiety, bullying, physically abusive, discrimination, racism and lots of different issues. Counselling in the workplace can expand defensiveness, increased ability to express themselves, improved relationships with other people and increased self-esteem which can be very effective and helpful.
Each case is different and requires individual consideration. One of them can be stress in the workplace for instance where the person is stressed by someone or by situations like working under pressure.
Counselling in the workplace can be effective as well to help the member of staff better control stress, personal issues and work-related problems. Some people bring their problems to the workplace which can have an effect on other employees. Providing counselling at the workplace can reduce all the symptoms above.
We can not forget about self care
Stress appears in everyday life, although we need a little bit of our own functioning of the body, unfortunately often is too big and does not allow us to normal function and perhaps change our own behaviour. May have an effect on your own system, organs and over the body. Modern life is full of frustration and demands, every day we try to be better than others.
Below you will find a list of side effects in lack of self care and stress related to the job and workplace.
- difficulty falling asleep, insomnia
- disturbing thoughts may occur during the rest, lack of answers to our questions, not transient stress after the last day of work where the stress situation occurred during the day and we are unable to deal with it
- alcohol, and other drugs consumption to achieve relax, isolating yourself from others,
- by drinking alcohol we try to forget our worries and ailments of everyday life. Unfortunately, frequent drinking does not improve our wellbeing but only worsens the situations that can happen in many stressful situations.
- concentration and memory problems
- can appear when we work too hard, being too busy or when we have too many expectations and try to be perfect
- anxiety or panic attacks, feeling tired and easily upset or overreaction,
- that situations may appear when you are in constant stress due to school, work or relationship difficulties such as marriage or pregnancy
- loss sex drive, poor judgmental, seen negative thinks
- can appear during change school, divorce, loss of a job, or death
- chronic worries and perfectionism
- can appear during expect birth or visit some member of the family
If the stress doesn’t persist and we will dwell in a stressful situation for a long time, we can expect more serious health problems like a heart attack, dizziness, aches, chest pain and other heart problems.